Why Choose SafeAire Heating & Cooling?
You Have a Choice. Here's Why We Should Be Yours!
At SafeAire Heating & Cooling, we aim for customer satisfaction to go above and beyond just the equipment we sell and services we provide. Our goal is always to demonstrate to our customers how important their needs are to us, during every meeting, at every service call, and on every phone conversation. We feel that we have not succeeded unless we have not only met but exceeded their expectations! Our team is also proud to offer some of the most all-encompassing guarantees around, so that customers can feel comfortable knowing that their system is taken care of and running optimally at all times.
Our, Albany headquartered, heating and cooling company has been designated as a “Trane Comfort Specialist™” – an honor earned by only a select group of dealers who meet Trane’s stringent standards of professionalism and technical expertise.
There are several guarantees that we make to our customers, including:
- Performance Guarantee: Peace of Mind for Correct System Size*. If the comfort system installed will not heat or cool your home to ACCA design standards for your area, we will take whatever steps required to meet these standards at no cost to you. If the issue cannot be resolved, we will remove the system and refund the full purchase price.
- Focused on Customer Satisfaction: 100% Customer Satisfaction. At SafeAire, we are committed to making sure every customer is satisfied with our services.
- No Lemon Guarantee: A Working System, Or It’s On Us. If the compressor fails within the first year from the date of installation, we will replace the entire outdoor system (not just the compressor).
- No Surprises Guarantee: One Price – No Change**. The price quoted is the price you pay even if additional required work is found.
Questions You Should Ask Your Contractor
Choosing a contractor to work on your home should be a choosy business. Here are several questions you should ask anyone you bring into your home:
1. Have you been in business very long?
Make sure you choose a contractor that has the experience to give you the quality work you deserve. Our company opened its doors in 1964 and is being run by the same family it did when it opened!
2. Do you have a physical office with a street address?
Do not do business with contractors that refuse to give you their physical address.
3. Do you have an office staff?
Make sure you use a contractor who has an organized and reliable staff to handle your needs.
4. Are you insured and licensed to do this kind of work?
Your insurance may not cover work done or injuries caused by an unlicensed and uninsured contractor.
5. Will you guarantee the price quoted will be the final price, even if you overlooked something?
Beware of a low initial price followed by a price increase after the work has started.
6. Will you guarantee my ultimate satisfaction?
Make sure the contractor will give you this in writing.
7. Will you use mats, drop cloths, and shoe covers while working inside my home?
Damage to your property could raise your total cost of installation dramatically.
8. Will you clean up at the end of each day and remove my old comfort system and debris when you have completed the job?
Some contractors do not include a cleanup at the end of the job and old equipment removal.
9. Do you have a large enough staff to handle my needs in a timely manner?
Beware of companies that do not have a staff large enough to meet your demands in a timely manner.
10. Is there an extended warranty available?
A low cost with a short warranty period will end up costing you more money in the end.
11. Do you place a high priority on warranty calls?
Most contractors put warranty calls at the bottom of their priority list.
12. Will your technicians be employees of your company, in a company uniform and driving a marked company vehicle?
Many contractors use subcontractors who may not be insured and properly trained.
13. Do you run criminal background checks on your employees and submit them to drug testing?
Make sure you would want the technicians of the contractor you hire in your home.
14. Do you specialize in residential service and replacement?
There are specialized areas within the HVAC industry that are very different from residential service/install.
15. Will your work meet or exceed existing codes and will you be obtaining a permit if required?
Make sure this is guaranteed by the contractor, corrections can be very costly.
16. Do you have extended hours and will I be able to reach you if there is a problem during non-business hours, holidays, and on weekends?
Make sure the contractor has a reliable 24/7 service dept. assist you whenever you may need them.
17. Do you do a whole house analysis?
Sometimes the problem with your comfort system may not be the air condition unit itself.
18. Do you offer payment options?
Make sure you fully understand the terms and conditions when financing.
19. Is your company a preferred dealer for any of the major manufacturers?
A contractor has to meet many requirements to be eligible to become a preferred dealer.
20. Is there a “no lemon” guarantee and will you guarantee my comfort?
Make sure the contractor guarantees a reliable system with reliable comfort.
*Duct system is not subject to performance guarantee, unless the complete duct system is being replaced.
**Duct system is not included unless complete duct system is being replaced.
Call our heating and cooling specialists today at (229) 789-0181to find out how we can help you - conveniently headquartered in Albany and serving all parts of Southwest Georgia and beyond!